fredag 29 maj 2009

R.O.E.I

Return On Eco Investment.

I formulated this acronym off the cuff as I was interviewed the other day regarding my opinions on the environment and energy issues.

Naturally I had a very marketing biased point of view, especially when I was first asked if I thought that energy corporations were doing enough for the environment?

My reply was that it was really hard to tell. Sure, there are a lot of good "greenwashing" campaigns out there, but I pointed out that it was almost impossible for me, whether as an ad-man or consumer to detect any tangible positive effects that the considerable investments these corporations have poured into pro-environmental technology and communication should have, or will have had.

Simply put, I would need serious proof of ROEI to give a good reply to their first question.

Then when asked if I, as a consumer, would be willing to spend more on energy utilities if these were pro-environmental I replied, where's the proof of ROEI? I was then asked to describe what I would advise corporations to do in order to prove what they are getting out of their ROEI, and how I would promote ROEI to their consumers...

I gave a few examples and thus ended the interview, I then rushed back to the office to start studying "my" new acronym and how it could be applied in marketing and communication. 12 hours later, I had a logo, a 12 slide PPT, and a ROEI methodology. Now I'm dying to try it out, and hopefully will do soon.

ROEI. Remember where you heard it first. If you're curious, just email me at jc@icebreaker.se and I'll be glad to share more of my ROEI findings with you...


Back soon,

THE ICEBREAKER

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar